Refried beans, crispy runny yolk eggs and zesty tomato salsa. Our take on huevos rancheros is a delicious breakfast option full of flavour!
1 tin refried beans
1 tin black beans
1 red onion, diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cup coriander, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ tsp salt
1 lime, juiced – plus extra wedges to serve
8 free range eggs
1 red chilli, sliced
1 avocado, thinly sliced
¼ cup feta, crumbled
Makes 4 servings
Takes 25 minutes to make
- To make the tomato salsa, place the diced tomatoes, red onion, coriander, lime juice, garlic and salt in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Spread the refried beans over the spinach wraps and sprinkle over the black beans. Place under the grill for a few minutes until the wrap is just crispy and the beans are warmed through.
- Crack the eggs in a large frypan over medium-high heat. As soon as you have cracked the eggs into the pan, sprinkle over the sliced chilli so it sets in the egg whites. Cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- Serve 2 fried eggs on top of each spinach wrap and load up with tomato salsa and sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle over the crumbled feta and extra sliced chilli if you like it spicy! Serve with a squeeze of lime.